ClearEdge Power Expands Portfolio of Continuous Onsite Power Systems
New Solutions Meet Diverse Energy Demands of Commercial, Institutional and Residential Customers
HILLSBORO, Ore. – November 29, 2011 – ClearEdge Power, a manufacturer of scalable, continuous onsite power systems, today expanded its product portfolio to meet the increasingly complex energy demands of commercial, institutional and residential customers. With the addition of two new product designs, ClearEdge Power now offers a range of solutions that leverage fuel cell technology to efficiently deliver predictable, clean and cost-effective power and heat. The expanded product line includes the ClearEdge Plus suite of products and ClearEdge CP for critical power requirements.
ClearEdge Plus is the industry’s first alternative energy system available under 100 kW to deliver continuous availability for specific, protected loads, even during a grid outage. As a modular and flexible system, it is also the industry’s only commercially available continuous onsite power system to support businesses or homes that require between 5 kW and 200 kW of electrical power. For customers that require a triple redundant power source, the ClearEdge CP cleanly and efficiently delivers unprecedented reliability.
“An aging electricity grid, rising energy costs and growing environmental concerns are increasing demand for systems that can efficiently deliver localized, predictable and clean energy,” said ClearEdge Power President and CEO Russell Ford. “To meet this demand across a diverse and growing customer base, we have expanded our product portfolio with the goal of changing the way businesses across the world get their energy. These new products build on the success of the original ClearEdge Power system and introduce a number of industry first innovations in areas such as reliability, scalability and flexibility.”
The Next Generation of Continuous Onsite Power Systems
With more than 100 customer deployments, ClearEdge Power understands the diverse energy needs of commercial, institutional and residential customers. The company currently boasts customers on three different continents across a range of vertical markets including education, hospitality and multi-tenant housing. To address these diverse needs, ClearEdge Power now offers two distinct designs in an array of options:
ClearEdge Plus: A modular and flexible protected load system that is designed to provide continuous power to a range of commercial applications. It allows customers to benefit from:
- Lower operating costs: When all heat and power from the system is utilized, ClearEdge Plus can offer a levelized cost of energy (LCOE) of about 9 cents per kWh. This is a considerable saving when compared to utility rates that can be as high as 40 cents per kWh or more.
- Business continuity during power outages: Protects revenues and eliminates productivity losses by delivering true availability for protected loads, even during an electricity grid outage.
- Reduced emissions: By using an electrochemical process to convert natural gas to electricity and heat, the system dramatically reduces the environmental impact of producing electricity by reducing carbon dioxide emissions by up to 41 percent when compared to traditional combustion technology.
A right-sized continuous power system: To meet the individual energy demands of customers, the system is available in configurations ranging from 5 kW to 200 kW. Optimized for their size, configuration and customer need, each system can be easily and efficiently combined to scale to support customer demands of up to 200 kW.
ClearEdge CP: A triple redundant base load system designed for customers that require mission critical power for their data and telecommunication needs. ClearEdge CP delivers the same economic and environmental benefits as the ClearEdge Plus system, but also allows customers to benefit from:
- Unprecedented reliability: ClearEdge CP delivers reliable uptime service levels through a unique triple redundant architecture.
- Lower operational and capital costs: Replaces costly and antiquated single source and backup power systems, with a cost-effective, smaller and more streamlined infrastructure that requires less power and space.
- Clean, critical single phase power: Satisfies high-availability requirements like data infrastructure, while lowering the cost of energy and the carbon footprint of the customer’s facility.
About ClearEdge Power
ClearEdge Power provides distributed energy generation solutions to commercial, institutional and residential customers. The company designs, manufactures and sells a family of continuous onsite power systems that uses fuel cell technology to efficiently deliver predictable, clean and cost-effective power and heat. This enables customers to increase independence from the electricity grid, save money and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. For more information, please visit http://www.clearedgepower.com.
Nicole Elovitz, ClearEdge Power, (503) 214-1672
Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus, (415) 856-5155